Monday, January 24, 2011

Since May of 2009, my life has drastically changed. I’ve graduated from high school, Basic Training and AIT. I have been enlisted in the Army reserves for 2 years now. In training I meet John whom I have been in a long distance relationship with since September 10, 2009. I have visited the states of Missouri, Wisconsin, Georgia, Texas, and Washington ßtoo many times to count. My relationship with my parents is no longer a bad one.

            First things first, I attend UNLV and undecided major. This semester I plan to declare biology army major and minor in Criminal justice. My ultimate goal is to become a medical examiner. In order to accomplish that goal I must first have a medical and law degree. So for now I aspire to be a coroner and earn my law degree in the future. In the fall of this year I plan to attend Gonzaga with john and continue to be enrolled in the ROTC program.
 Paintball during ROTC FTX (Fall 2010)

 My buddy Castro and I

            In out one year and four month relationship john and I have grown very close. Being so far apart has helped us get to know one another. I am happy to say that he is my best friend, and I love him very much. I am fortunate to have such a person in my life. Also that my parents like him (yes even my dad) which was very hard to come by. I miss him every day; I just tell myself when I get up in the morning that today is just one more day closer to spending the rest of my life with him. I love you john <3
 Winter break in WA
 My birthday in WA
 At the beach New Years Eve

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME AND DARLEEN!!! (19)

            My family is very supportive of me and my decisions. All they want is the best for me I have come to realize. I no longer play the childish games I once played in high school. I have become a completely different person because of the army and my family. High school is a thing of the past, memories to keep in a box under my bed.
Thanksgiving
           
 This has been two years in life of Samantha...

 


3 comments:

Lemme said...

awwww...love you sammie!! ill miss you too much when you go to washington!!

G'ma Nasus said...

Tears tears tears tears tears .... hard to believe you are all grown up now; which is just more evidence of how old I have become. You are a wonderful and beautiful young woman and I am very proud of you for stepping up and making your way in life. Keep your eye on the long term while making decisions for here and now.

Happiness is a CHOICE. We choose it directly and indirectly by our daily choices. I heard something last week which I thought was very good:

"There is pain in life. We can choose up-front the pain of SELF CONTROL and discipline for our choices; or ... we can choose to suffer the pain of REGRET later."

Think about it ... it makes a lot of sense. Every decision has consequences ... either good or bad. I know you can see this in the life of those who surround you.

I am glad to see you "Buck up" and be tough using self-discipline and make the hard choices up front that will lead you through the journey of a happy life :)

I love you very much. Please stay in touch with me.
Your Loving Grandma

bonfufu said...

glad to catch up! <3